Saturday, April 08, 2006

people talk

I am a jerk. I have been enjoying so much music and not even sharing it with you, just keeping it all to myself. very sorry.
there are some things in the past, and some things in the future, though I might at another time try to convince you otherwise.
there was that show at the moose lodge, with alot of bands, alot of noise, and very few audience members sadly. yeah, yeah, this town has some serious venue issues. ah, I'll see what I can do. thoughts on that show? the the the perfect trend, while kind of adorable, have apparently never heard nirvana. it makes me want to start a hard rock band, so watch for that in the future. the bash brothers rock about tiny dogs and robot dick. god. I'm glad they're on my record label. it extists, for serious, watch for it in the future, along with recordings by the bash brothers. and, the bash brothers will be playing with old phoebe and the bike's mine at the cambie on may 20th. (actually, no they won't) :

I started out torn between seeing the grates in vancouver and metric and islands in victoria on march 29th. I decided on the latter, but it was SOLD OUT and then I ended up being pretty broke, so I had to stay at home. I heard that both were damn hot shows, but I have no hard feelings, because it turned out that wintersleep played at the queens on the 29th. I'd have been pretty annoyed if those adorable boys had come to my town and I wasn't present. so, I was and a few people were actually there as well. I keep being amazed how many people have not heard of wintersleep, and jamie and I now and then ask ourselves, are we somehow mistaken in our claim that this is one of the greatest bands in canada (and there are a goddamn lot of great bands in canada, if you don't know, email me and ask for a list, or even better, listen to elgin's new radio show, canada ATTACKS, on chly at 7-9am fridays)? but, no, we are certain there is no mistake, you just haven't noticed yet, if you haven't noticed yet, so check them out before everyone else notices first and you look like a sucker.
quite a few people in victoria know about wintersleep, and their show at logan's pub on march 30th was enthusiastically populated, and by far the best of the four times I've seen them play. at both shows they played quite a bit of new material featuring the whole band singing together, which adds a really joyful element to the dynamic emotional range of their music. here's a few pictures of wintersleep rocking their hearts out. notice the montreal canadians jersey that jamie gave to paul. :)

now playing: destroyer & frog eyes - new ways of living

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home