Sunday, April 16, 2006

nanaimo, you know I love you

you say party! we say die! rocked cyber city pretty seriously on friday night. if you haven't experienced them yet, don't miss them next time they do us the favour of coming to town. I danced, not just tapped my foot, my hair got messed up, I love this band.
cadeaux made the trek from vancouver with ysp!wsd! and I sure like the sound of them, and they were totally lovely, but they haven't totally grabbed me yet. however, I have that feeling like one day I'm just going to fall totally in love with them, so I'll let you know what that feels like when it happens.
my band, old phoebe, was the second of the six bands. it was our first all-ages show and we had an awesomer than possible time. we were so honoured to open for you say party! we say die! it was also the release of our first ever album, apartment rock, which we recorded and mixed and constructed with our hands and mouths in our apartment over the last week. thanks to everyone who bought it and we hope you love it as much as we love you.
I must also mention how inspired I was as deoji finished off their opening set (which warmed the place up pretty nice) and sean put his guitar face down on the ground and stepped on it, eliciting delightful noise. I might just start a new project revolving around playing an electric guitar with my feet. watch for that.

so, next saturday at the cambie, small sins, who used to be called ladies and gentlemen, and local bands aeroplane and the brunswick affair. I believe this is the brunswick affair's first show and I'm looking forward to checking them out. I saw small sins when they were ladies and gentlemen in vancouver and I was pretty impressed. they wear all white.

and, little nanaimo scene, something is happening.
and april 28th is a day for something happening to be going on.
at the youth centre: elson! blank! old phoebe! ukulelele! it will be cheap. and awesome.
and then at a house will be a party. a basement with a lineup like this: dustin and garret!!! (there is a possibility dustin and garret will not be able to make it so maybe click on their little name there and send them some myspace love so they will not be able to stay away), colourbook!!, and nanaimo's newborn supergroup, the bike's mine!!
you are already there and I'm late.

now playing: ukulelele - bermuda

1 Comments:

Blogger Aleksandra said...

Hi there, I read almost 2 blogs a day, and would like to congratulate Old Phoebe on your album release!!

I wish the show hadn't been Good Friday - glad to hear it went awesomely...

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home