Sunday, April 30, 2006

YOU make me want to rock out

this weekend rocked as every ought. friiiiiiiiday the youth centre hosted an intimate acoustic show I felt honoured to be a part of. half of hot fuck opened up with an acoustic guitaring duo. pretty solid stuff, I can't wait to see their whole band again. then ukelelele and nathan from the razoowah alternated solo performances of utter brilliance. I had a really good time being awed by both their songwritings and voices. then old phoebe, jamie and me did our thing with the bike and stuff. then we all made our way up the street to a place called pheasant alley to see the bash brothers, who rocked the basement really hard, and then the bike's mine let loose the chaos.

um, jamie is watching the coachella dvd right now. arcade fire is on. they make me die. have you seen them? see them. have you seen them yet? see them. they're working on a new album right now. I think I can hear it from here. my life changed when I saw them. then I saw them again a year later, you know, they were still on tour, and my life changed afuckinggain. nobody has ever put on a better show.

last night I went to pleasant valley and saw pi in the sky perform their debut gig. they put on a pretty tight show. I enjoyed it, but you know I don't get SO hot for guitar rock, I'm more impressed by enthusiastic incompetance and/or ear-grating, wide-eyed wonder. well. then I went to have some food at the pub so I missed some bands I assumed wouldn't be my kind of awesome, apologies to the universe if they were. and then the sheds played AND they had a bunch of new material ANd it was my kind of awesome. they're doing some recording for a full-length release soon, which is news that improves the world.

my friend aleks bought me an art brut shirt because she loves me so much and I had to miss them. it says modern art makes me want to rock out, and it's the best gift ever because it is true.

now playing: the razoowah - boxes of sand

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home