Friday, October 13, 2006

when you can rock and roll AND stay at home. . .

WAKE UP!
WAKE UP LITTLE BLOG!

O.K.

so, summer in nanaimo passed pleasantly, full of parties and shows and midnight bike rides. fall is well underway, students are already getting extensions on all their assignments and you are planning your halloween costume. ok, well, I am reviving my blog, fittingly with the decision to stay at home this weekend instead of going to vancouver like I planned. here's the story.
I was going to go to vancouver today and tomorrow. today is my good friend shalon's birthday and she is having a sushi celebration with her closest friends. toMORRow DUSTIN AND GARRET are reuniting to play one more show, and I know, you're thinking this event must be happening just for me! right, and how could I miss it? I know, AND sufjan stevens is playing in vancouver also, and my beautiful friend aleks actually offered me her ticket. sufjan stevens is on my list of artists I most need to see (list also includes: joanna newsom, regina spektor, the shins and hawksley workman, and I know I just missed hawksley workman agAIN fuck me).
BUT then there is the battle of the band at the cambie. which has been a pretty good time so far. old phoebe tied to advance the first round ANd the second round, so we will be in the final on october 21st with unlabeled and johnny good and WHOever wins tomorrrrrow night, which brings me to tomorrrrrow night at the cambie: the BASh brothers (I LOVE those girls), the tycOONs (I LOVE those guys, I REALLY do), and wilson PAScoe (who also scores particularly high in the ratings of fanTAStic members of the universe).
and then there is TONIGHT. the greEN line are playing their FIRST show. at the velvet underground at 9:00. I've been playing the green line's eps on the radio for quite a few months and tonight finally get to see them play. actually I also saw them play on tuesday night in the studio when they came on the playlist, which was rad. and tonight they will also be releasing TWO full-length cds. score three points for nanaimo.
the decision was actually finally made by some employment related complications which made it sensible for me to take out some resumes today and not spend vancouver amounts of money lest diminishing working hours leave me too hungry to rock. but that is just part of the real issue, that this is my home, these are my people, this is my life and I LOve it. HOW can you go away when your home is so rad?

by the way though, joanna newsom is coming to vancouver december 5th, so don't think any of you are going to plan a rad enough show to make me miss it.

in other news, I just heard the new swan lake album yesterday and it is more awesome than I expected and I expected it to be TOtally awesome. watch out top five albums of the year list. spencer krug + spencer krug = how can the universe be so sweet?! it comes out november 21st. I am actually going to pay money for it so I can cradle it in my arms.

now playing: of montreal - you'll never have me

2 Comments:

Blogger Single Lane Media said...

Have you heard Nomo's version of The Book of right on? it's damn good.

SC

7:59 PM  
Blogger Erin OK said...

I have now seen everyone on that list of bands I need to see, except for sufjan stevens and the shins.

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home